- who is this, and how I collect/use your information
- which cookies are active on babepi.it and how they work
- what happens if you subscribe to my blog/journal
- what happens when I send a newsletter
- my contact form and how it works
- web advertisement
- last but not least
Who is this, and how I collect/use your information
This is Barbara Pederzini, I am a freelance consultant and my full company name is Babepi di Barbara Pederzini, in short: babepi. This is my website and I use it to share my work and my opinions.
The following information is an attempt at being crystal clear about what kind of information I collect through this website and/or for work, and how I manage it all.
I abide by the current Italian rules about Privacy (d. lgs. 196/2003 “Codice Privacy”) and by the EU Regulation 679/2016 “GDPR”, but also by my own personal principles of privacy and fair play.
I make extremely limited use of data acquired on the Internet because right now my business model is mostly relying on offline word-of-mouth referral. However, I will always make a point of being upfront about the data I collect, how and why.
Here is the basic information you need:
- if you contact me via this website, please note it’s hosted on SiteGround;
- I manage all email communications through Gmail, and partially via Mailchimp (see below the section about my newsletter), so your name and your email address will be recorded there as well;
- should you become my client your invoicing information will be recorded on Fatture in Cloud (my invoicing system) and it will be handled by my accountant Studio Francesco Pozzi;
- sometimes I collect people’s opinions via survey forms that I create with Google Forms.
Which cookies are active on babepi.it and how they work
According to Wikipedia’s definition cookies are “small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing”.
Mainly, they’re meant to recognize you when you come back on my website so I don’t show you certain information twice, or I show you content in English rather than Italian.
Other tools I use that could store info on your device are:
- Polylang plugin, that I use to keep track of the language setting in your browser;
- all the social networks you can share my blog posts/pages on, and all the platforms I embed content from (mainly Instagram). All of these store cloud data on servers mostly housed outside the EU, and they employ cookies to recognize you. There is nothing I can do to control the way they use your data, and that is regulated by the TOS you signed when you registered for their services. However, you can read their privacy policies on their websites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Google (it applies to YouTube too), Gyphy.
In case you’re wondering, no, I am not using Google Analytics to trace navigation statistics on babepi.it.
What happens if you subscribe to my blog/journal
I write with a random frequency, so if you want to be notified of any new blog post please subscribe to receive them. When you subscribe solely to be sent my blog posts I could still send you the occasional newsletter, should I decide to write a blog post that I don’t want to be displayed on my website.
What happens when I send a newsletter
Sometimes I arrange to send a newsletter, you can subscribe via the form that is embedded on the newsletter page or elsewhere on the website and blog. All I need is your email address and your first name.
Using Mailchimp clearly entails receiving information regarding navigation statistics of the newsletters I send, like who opens them, who clicks on links and so forth. I use this information as guidance to make my content as interesting and relevant for my audience as possible.
According to the law, I am responsible for all the data I collect; I will never provide your email address to anybody unless you ask me and authorize me to do that; you can ask me to stop sending you emails at any time, by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
My contact form and how it works
On the Get in touch page, there’s a form to contact me, if you use it I will use your data to reply, precisely as I would do if you wrote me a direct email. Accordingly, your information will be stored within my email system (Gmail), but it will also be stored on this website’s database and on the regular backups stored on the SiteGround servers.
At present (Novembre 2019) I am not running any social media advertising, should this change in the future I will amend this page. As of now, there is no Facebook Pixel installed on this website.
Last but not least
Needless to say, I have created this page because you have a right to access the information above. Equally, you have a right to request that I erase any of your data that I might have and/or use, at any time.
If you have any question or any doubt about the above please write me an email, I will try and reply promptly.